Visiting the ZSL London zoo can be so much fun, educative and satisfying because it is a unique wildlife experience. But a zoo visit can be confusing with so much to see and do there. Planning is essential, and knowing the activities you will participate in at the zoo eliminates confusion. These Top 3 activities make your trip to the ZSL London zoo the most enjoyable.
for a Day
The Komodo Dragon Experience
- It is a one-hour experience starting at 9.00 am, usually available twice a month.
- Only those aged 14 years and above can participate, and a guardian should accompany kids below age 16.
- You must wear appropriate footwear to participate.
- Charges are £110 per person and other discounts for gold members, patrons and fellows, including entry to the zoo.
Ideal for: This activity is ideal for teens and adults who are reptile lovers and would like to experience spending time with these rare species.
Feed the Gorillas
- Feeding gorillas tasty treats including corn, cucumber and sweet potatoes.
- A guardian should accompany every kid below 14 years.
- There is a photo opportunity with the gorillas.
- A 4meter barrier separates gorillas and the participants for safety.
Ideal for: This activity is suitable for kids and adults who yearn to learn more about the charismatic gorilla family and interact with it.
Junior Keeper for a Day
- A 3.5hour zookeeping experience in groups of five.
- Only kids aged between 11 and 15 can take part.
- Working alongside an experienced zookeeper.
- Exclusive zookeeper shirt and cap, plus morning refreshments.
Ideal for: The activity is ideal for young animal lovers who like interacting and caring for animals.